Week 5: Defining Your Target Market

Subway 
Demographics: Younger people in photos, I see more women in the photos, majority White, the income I would say middle class based on the casual attire.

Psychographics: Aim to attract people that care about "quality" products, they also have a link titled "responsibility" that showcases their goals and how they are involved in the community. 

Hungry Bear

Demographics: There are not a lot of people in their photos, but the ones that are are probably in their 30's or older. There is a photo of some cops sitting down to eat at their restaurant so I will assume their customers are educated? All men in the photos on the main page and they all appear to be White, but it is difficult to tell. 

Psychographics: They also advertise "quality and fresh ingredients" which may appeal to people that eat healthier. Also. right away you can see that they are local, so they may be trying to appeal to people that try and support small business. 

Comparing the Subway and Hungry Bear

The first difference that was obvious to me was that Hungry Bear showcases on the very top left that they are a local business. Also, although Subway showcases beautiful photos of they sandwiches and ingredients, Hungry Bears photos drew me in more. Possibly it's is all the close ups, but this site really made me hungry and I'm not even that crazy about sandwiches!

A subtle difference could be that the Hungry Bear website is just more simple and concise. Subway has a lot of stuff going on and things they are trying to promote. I think there is definitely a lot of crossover between the two websites. For example, if I frequented sandwich shops I may be a loyal customer to Hungry Bear, but if I was not near one and was craving a sandwich I may settle for Subway.

Overall I think Subway has a lot more things that they are trying to promote and share with their audience. Not only their ingredients and sandwiches but also how they are involved in the community, rewards programs, and health. Hungry Bear just seems to promote their delicious sandwiches. Which is enough for me because I'm assuming they are a small business and I'm happy to support that. 







Comments

Popular Posts