Week 4: Part 2

https://www.amazon.com/

 1. Amazon is effective for me because it offers so much, not just an online website to shop but it's somewhere I like to shop because there are a lot of websites that posts links directly to Amazon. It's also effective that there are so many people that leave reviews which helps when deciding to buy something new. 

The design of the toolbar on top where you can easily find what your looking for since it has to offer is effective. The big photo banner at the top right under that is good for Amazon to showcase new products they are trying to promote. What makes me always come back to them to shop is their competitive prices, fast shipping and their return policy.

The only thing that is a little cumbersome sometimes is that there is so much on their first page. Some of the things on there I'm not even sure what their purpose or function is. For example, in the photo below. I know they are ambitious but sometimes it is overwhelming to see all that information just carry on and on down the page. 



2. I think one of the greatest reasons Netflix is effective is because they were one of the first companies to introduce an online video streaming site. Also, they are pretty affordable, especially if your just using a friend or family members password information. I think the simple black layout really helps showcase the movie titles and main photos. The top toolbar is also simple and lets you easily find what your looking for. 

What makes me always choose Netflix over my other streaming services is their simple and easy layout and their selection. I also like to use Hulu but they have been experimenting with their layout and sometimes it is annoying trying to figure out how to find something when I'm using it on my tv versus my computer. 

The only recommendation that I have is to stick to one rating type, either the star or the thumbs up. Also, and easier way to find what I'm in the mood for, since they have so many options I often have to Google recommendations because what I'm looking for is not what is recommended. 


Comments

Popular Posts