Week 3: Communication - Business & Consumer

I recently had trouble getting in contact with ABC mouse. I decided to try them out for my son, and he was really not responsive to it so I wanted to cancel it. After some back and forth they told me my subscription would not be canceled until January of 2019. But I left it at that and never did anything through social media. 

I have had success getting information from companies through social media. For me it is easier to message a company and get a response online as compared to calling the business. Social media has definitely made it easier for me to get a question answered.

I have had several positive experiences communicating with a business through social media. Especially if I may a question/concern public, such as posting it on their page instead of through a private message then I feel the business is more inclined to respond, and also respond positively. I think when you make your question or concern public, it's in the companies best interest to respond positively and professionally. 

I would try to thank and acknowledge all positive and negative comments as much as possible. I would respond to positive comments with a "like" or emoji or something in the least. Negative comments I would try to navigate based on what the issue is, if I can correct the problem I will. But overall with negative comments I would just try and understand the customers point of view, because sometimes people just want to complain and be heard. 

What made my experience with ABC mouse negative, was that they did not seem to care that I had to pay for a full year of their subscription, even if I was not satisfied with the app. It really makes it seem that they only care about money and not the satisfaction of the customer. Which in my opinion is pretty bad way to run a company. But the company seems to have a lot of customers so possibly they are able to do that? I am considering pursing them on social media and seeing if I get a different respond now after writing this post. 

Comments

  1. I also purchased the ABC Mouse app for my daughter and did not feel like it was worth it for us. I was on a monthly subscription so it was much easier to cancel. I'm sorry that it wasn't an easy process for you, especially when we are just trying to give our kids the best there is. It can be so infuriating when it feels like a business is just in it for the money. Ugh!

    I appreciated your thoughts on dealing with negative comments. I also feel like showing understanding and seeing it from a customers perspective can put out a fire quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria!
    I'm so sorry that ABC Mouse handled the situation like that. The least they could've done was to cancel your subscription! Sounds like a horrible company. I would definitely try pursuing them again through social media to see what happens. That is such bad customer service and you deserve to be happy with anything you pay for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts