Week 4: Aesthetics, Design & Branding

1. http://jamilin.com/
One of the first problems I saw with this website was just the overload of text boxes, ads and videos. There is just so much going on and such a clutter of information that its overwhelming and it makes me want to leave the site immediately. Another thing I noticed is that the text she uses is rather small and lastly she has no clear logo or branding that really says what she is selling that is simple and easy to find. 
Some things that could be improved would be to really change the layout of her website to make it have less information on the first page. Adding a Logo/Company name on the top left and reorganizing everything so it has a nice flow and is pleasing to look at. 
2. http://gatesnfences.com/
This website is very word heavy, there is just so much text everywhere from the beginning. Also, there seem to be an awful lot of option on the navigation pane to the left, its overwhelming. There is also too much wording in the header of their website.
I like all the photos this website has because it helped me figure out quickly what the website does, but reorganizing the information and condensing some of the navigation options by putting things into seperate categories could help it look more organized. This would help the site visitor be able to click on one link and then be taken to a page with more options, instead of being given all the options on the first page.

3. https://www.headhunterhairstyling.com/about
I enjoy how simple the first page of this site is. I love the soft and pretty color choice for a salon and the photo of their pretty building is great as a center focus. The photo will also help first time customers identify the shop which is great because it's something I often struggle with when first visiting a new business. This first page really drew me in and I wanted to know their pricing and then checked their location to see if they were local. It was also great to see customer photos of their work, really gives the site a friendly feel.
4. https://www.apple.com/
I may be biased because I once worked at Apple but I love how their website looks. I like the sleekness of the black and how it highlights the colors in the iphones. It's pleasing to the eye and it makes me interested in finding out more about the phones. They use minimal words/headings which makes in simple to find and click on what you need. Even if I do not buy my iphones directly from Apple, I use their website to learn about the phone even after I have purchased it. 

Comments

Popular Posts